Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sand Key Beach, FL


I finally took another roll of Holga shots which I'll be sharing online for the next few days. This particular shot was taken at Clearwater/Pinellas County's "Sand Key Beach Park." (Fuji Film Reala ISO100 film) I recall the day was bright and sunny sometime after mid day. I suspect the abundance of light to remove some of the vignetting from the edges.

I had this roll printed at Ritz Camera which I know does color correction and image enhancements. I have a feeling they cropped out some of the vignetting. Overall, the image is clean and almost non-Holga like, but the soft edges give the camera's quality away. What I'm also finding about Holga pictures is that they offer the best nostalgic feel for closeup items and shots of people. It's all a part of experimenting with what works best for the individual photographer or what the desired overall effect is. The Holga is currently loaded with B/W Illford XP2 ISO400. I think I'll enjoy those tons more. I hope you enjoy these color Holgas.

No comments: