Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fishwalk & Trees


These last two images round out my latest Holga photo offerings. I promise that I will dedicate one roll of film to one subject instead of dragging one roll of film over 3 or 4 outings. I will admit that I was a little bit spoiled when I was in NYC with my first 2 rolls of 120mm. The subject was constant and the variety of the landscape was so plentiful that it made exposing 12 images really easy.

These last two shots are from familiar outings and from previous blog entries. The first of the two displayed here is of a tree canopy just inside of Chestnut Park. The skies were a beautiful "polarizer effect" blue. I wish the view was wider on this shot. The trees were truly amazing out on the boardwalk.

The second picture is one more from Boca Ciega Millenium Park. We found this small trail just off the boardwalk that leads hikers to the open bay. We didn't get too far because the trails were soggy from the previous rains.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Mattox said...

I got my Holga!! I have one roll of film with it - one question...where do you buy your film? Is it expensive?

EugenioC said...

AWESOME! We should get a group together and go shooting someplace.

I like to order online from either Adorama.com or BHphotovideo.com - prices range from $1.89ish to about $3.79 per roll. If you want to buy locally, you might get lucky and find a roll or two at Ritz. (Call ahead) Also, North Tampa Photography off of Busch Blvd. carries a decent color & B/W variety. Just make sure you get 120mm "print" film (12 exposures). Let me know if you have any questions. I accidentally exposed my first roll trying to load it for the first time.

EugenioC said...

PS - I forgot to mention - developing costs about $4, but printing will eat your wallet alive - $10-$14!!!

Check out ToyCamera.com - they have a forum there where you can ask questions. It's a friendly/welcoming group.