Saturday, January 26, 2008

Old Mill of Guilford

Old Mill of Guilford


Today I met up with Meetup.com's "Triad Photography Group" for an informative seminar in portrait photography, intro to Adobe Lightroom, camera white balancing, and some tips and tricks in Photoshop CS2. Although much of what was presented in the seminar was mostly familiar, I still enjoyed listening in and picking up a shortcut or two. Afterwards, we headed out to the Old Mill of Guilford for a group photo session. The day was cold and grey and the colors few. However, the folks that maintain the site make certain to keep the window frames and water wheel painted brightly red. I picked up on this bright accent and decided to put together a little collage.

Thanks to the Triad Photography Group for putting together an informative day. I look forward to future events and to contributing towards an evolving membership.

2 comments:

Super B said...

LOVE the collage!! Love the colors and the composition.

EugenioC said...

Hey thanks "super b!" I joined a local photography group via "Meetup.com" - on my first visit they did a workshop followed up with a shoot out at a local mill. The skies were gray, but I made the most of the gloomy day by finding all sorts of red colored items.