Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Owen!

Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Owen!


Step 1: Eat Cake


"Mr. Owen", as my mother affectionately calls him, is my sister and her fiance Dave's baby boy - my first nephew. Born on January 6, 2007, Owen instituted a new hope, inspirational presence, and blessing for our families. On this first birthday, which is the first of many to come, I am grateful to have been able to spend time - albeit very short - to commemorate the event.

Midway through the cake eating, Owen generously began extending his arms with hands clutch full of cake to offer anyone standing nearby. In good fashion, we each took a turn being fed by a one year old.


Step 2: Open Presents


This picture made me wonder what my expressions as a one year old were when I first began tearing gift wrap and pulling on bows. I was very entertained, as most of us were, when Owen recognized his favorite Sesame Street character "Elmo" on a large gift bag. Not surprisingly, his attention was always on that bag.


Step 3: Take a Nap


After a belly full of pizza, birthday cake, and opening gifts, baby Owen sleeps in the one place he's most comfortable - with momma. It's funny, but in a few months I will turn 30 and I imagine my birthday to go exactly as Owen's. Eat cake, open presents, and fall asleep...on the couch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad you guys made the trip for his birthday. It was a long drive to celebrate one day. Love you guys and miss you!
Mabel

Super B said...

wow! he's one already?! he is darling. In that second picture he resembles your dad a lot! so cute!