Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall Sunset on Pilot Mountain


Fall Sunset on Pilot Mountain

There are only 2 other places on this planet that I have gotten to experience a sunset from atop a mountain - Alaska and "The Grand Canyon" in Arizona. Ask me where those photos are and I might as well shrug my shoulders at you. The memory is certainly still in my mind. Watching a sunset from a high vantage point offers one of the most spectacular experiences. This past weekend's evening visit to Pilot Mountain was no different. Mix in a cold snap and some colorful leaves and I am instantly reminded that Florida is nowhere nearby.




A tree full of colorful leaves creates the perfect canopy for this park bench.









These young tourists made me a bit nervous as they scurried wrecklessly over this large rock. I guess I was no different as a kid. They were facing an already golden sun which was casting a nice warm color.




I found the multi-colored leaves on this tree to be unique from most any other trees seen around here in the fall.






All of these colorful trees made the scene felt as if I were walking through someone's oil painting.








This is a view of Pilot Mountain to the southwest.







The sun begins to race for the horizon. Pinecones hanging from a nearby wintergreen allude to the coming of winter.







The fall has come and is quickly going. Bring on the winter. I hope you have enjoyed this last segment of photos. Every weekend provides new oppotunity to get out and photograph. I encourage you to do the same.

Until next time - emc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eugenio - I seriously took a deep breath into my chest. . . right here at my desk when I looked at some of those great pictures of fall. I remember. . .and long for a change in the season!!! - BW