Sunday, July 30, 2006

Winston's Urban Prospects


211 - the address of "Krankie's Coffee Shop" which caters to the alternative crowd and the nearby residents of the tobacco-factories-renovated-to-lofts in Downtown Winston.


The outdoor seating area is simple. Rows of theatre seats are neatly arranged around the perimeter of the outdoor space. An occasional sofa or coffee table add to the comfort.


Shanti, my favorite human photo subject, takes a seat in a wooden theatre seat and flips through the local alternative journal - "The Yellow Jacket"

"Chevy Repair Kit"


Local girls laugh over nearly losing their hearing from the passing train's horn. Their body art accentuated a typical day in artistic downtown Winston.


Where there were once windows are now bricks.


This duck is a common "tag" around downtown Winston. I'm just waiting to find the goose.

If I was Michael Jordan I would have played my best game today. I am extremely proud of these photos as they represent one of my first ventures into street photography. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did. - EMC

No comments: