Sunday, July 09, 2006

Duotone Portraiture


When it comes to testing out new in camera and post production techniques, Shanti is always willing to be a good sport and let me shoot away. Back in February, Shanti first posed for me so that I could experiment with makeshift studio lighting in our apartment. Today's entry is no different. I wanted to play with some post production duotoning in order to produce some uniquely colored portraits. The bathroom was perfect for lighting and served as a perfect spot for sample images. Over time, this blog will have many pictures of Shanti.

In the past I have offered to photograph - free of charge - families, children, cars, pets, etc, but haven't really ever had any takers. Experience is worth a lot to me. Diversity makes for great photographs. If you're in the Winston/Triad (NC) area and would like to pose for an aspiring photographer, drop me a line. All I ask in return is a little bit of your time.

No comments: