Monday, July 03, 2006

Porch Sitting



Some of my family came in town this weekend to visit, break good news, wish me well on my birthday (5th), and overall to relax. They leave tomorrow morning (4th), but have enjoyed some well needed time away from Florida. On Saturday we toured two local wineries and went back to my brother's for some great home cooking. I miss having my dad nearby. He makes some damn good rice. Yesterday we took a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway, had lunch by a river, and afterwards did a small hike to a waterfall. Relaxed? Yes we are. These two shots were taken from porch of the Cone Family mansion just off of the Parkway.

Just above is a picture of my dad taking in the view and holding onto his new camera. For Father's Day I bought him a mint condition Yashica GSN rangefinder - the same camera he used to take with him on all of our family vacations when we were growing up. Down below my sister gets lost somewhere between a daydream, porch breeze, and the view off of the front lawn.

No comments: