Monday, June 05, 2006

Published! "Winston Salem Monthly"

Winston Salem Monthly, Premier Issue - June 2006

I have been the owner of a DSLR camera for only about a year now, but many more than that have passed since I originally dreamed of having something I created put into print. I was one of those kids that sketched inbetween classes or during the most boring ones. I was always too shy to just lean over to the kid next to me and say "hey, check this out", but never worked up the courage to do so. Secretly, I always wanted someone to lean over and see the scratch that was inbetween the pages of my notebooks. Admittedly, I am still very reserved and just as shy when it comes to sharing my "artwork." I suppose photography is a bit different in a way. I guess everyone can relate to a photograph in some way or another.

Below I will share with you my very first published work. I am truly thrilled to have had the opportunity to meet a local graphic artist interested in using my photography for their publication. It's humbling to say the least.





"SIN Coffee Shop" - This was my first submission for publication. The WSM graphic artist simply handed me a cup and said "take a picture of this." The creativity was flowing, but in the end simplicity won out. It was still an enjoyable challenge to make the most of a simple cup.







"Moravian Soap" - I had the wonderful opportunity to meet with a local entrepreneur that crafted her own soaps, lotions, and scrubs. I took well over 100 photos not knowing what would be published. For this assignment the portrait and soap bar closeup were selected to accent the page.






"Camel City Cafe" - Finally, for my last assignment in May I had another great opportunity to meet a local business owner. On a rainy day in May I went downtown to meet the restaurant owner and take a few shots of himself, ambience, dish, and restaurant exterior. If you dig through my blog you will find some nighttime photos of the Wachovia building in downtown Winston Salem. I took those shots shortly after I visited the Camel City Cafe Restaurant.



Thank you all for your continued patronage to my weblog. I simply cannot wait to get out, shoot, and expand upon my creativity. I hope you continue to visit. As you do, if you see something you like let me know. The feedback feeds the hungry mind and challenges me to push harder.

Cheers. Thank you again.

Eugenio

For more information on the Winston Salem Monthly, please visit their website: http://winstonsalemmonthly.com/

2 comments:

Mary Ann Mattox said...

Oh Eugene! BEAUTIFUL! Your photos in the mag look as professional as I've ever seen, wow. We are having a Codilis "reunion" Friday after work. I'll toast to you!

wayne said...

WOW! You're hitting the (kinda, sorta) big time!