Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pro for a Day - Winston Salem Warthogs


"Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted-One moment Would you capture it or just let it slip?" - Eminem, "Lose Yourself"



"Whose world is this?
The world is yours, the world is yours
It's mine, it's mine, it's mine..."
- Nas





"The Notorious BIG said it best: 'Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot.'" - Boiler Room






"Wax on. Wax off." - Mr. Miyagi, Karate Kid




"If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says. At the end of the game, in my book, we're gonna be winners." - Hoosiers




"You can do it!" - Waterboy




"I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man." Trent, Swingers


I had a great day today. I had a great day because every day since the day I bought my first SLR I have fantasized about the opportunity to photograph a professional sporting event. Are these guys pros? Ok, maybe not - not yet. And it was fitting, because neither am I. But I got to wear the credential. I finally got to wear the stinkin' credential and carry my camera onto the sideline of a sporting event. And to the credit of those that have ever offered their assistance, given me advice, or said "go for it" - I don't think I disappointed. But I can't stop here. Stay tuned.

Feel free to view a bunch more of the photos I took at todays minor league baseball game here: emc PHOTOGRAPHY at PHOTO.net

Thank you.

No comments: