Saturday, June 10, 2006

Around the house, for now...


Evenings are short these days with the added hours of work and fun photo assignments. At the end of the day I drive to a place where my bed and belongings are sheltered. The bed is comfortable, the modern heat and air perform nicely, and the dorm sized fridge holds just enough for microwave portions and the occasional cold glass of Florida orange juice. Aside from the occasional too-many-legs-to-count critter and mysterious wood floor creaks, this little house is charming and hospitable. Marley seems to like it just fine.

On some evenings the sounds of birds and breezy trees while watching the sun go down over the edge of the forest is just enough to place one into a peaceful coma. Some days I imagine a milk man will stop by to replace the bottles on the front porch. Occasionally, Marley will decide to explore the property. I just follow him and see what he comes up with.

We are only a few short months until we move into our new home. I can assure you the slate of memories will be fresh and the curious features of an aged house non-existent. For now, I will just enjoy walks around this house.

No comments: