Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Some Fun Now" - Sailboat Racing


Davis Island Yacht Club (DIYC) - Tampa, FL 03.11.06

eu·pho·ri·a - n.

1. A feeling of great happiness or well-being.


sen·sa·tion - n.

1. A perception associated with stimulation of a sense organ or with a specific body condition
2. A state of heightened interest or emotion:




az·ure - n.

1. The blue sky.






in·ten·si·ty - n.

1. Exceptionally great concentration, power, or force.


con·tent·ment - n.

1. The state of being contented; satisfaction.
2. A source of satisfaction:









strength - n.

1. Degree of intensity, force, or effectiveness







team·work - n.

1. Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal.






con·fu·sion - n.
1. The act of confusing or the state of being confused

(Just kidding!)

prep·a·ra·tion - n.
1. The act or process of preparing.
2. The state of having been made ready beforehand; readiness.




race - n.

1. A competition of speed



Vessel: "Some Fun Now"
Characteristics: 31 foot sloop, 1 mast, 2 sails
Skipper: "Radar"

I would like to extend a personal "thank you" to the owner and crew of "Some Fun Now" for the opportunity to sail and race for my first time ever. As a Floridian and aspiring photographer I feel as if my life here is now complete. In a few short weeks I will leave Florida behind in pursuit of a new home, new career, and a new life. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to sail along with your group and photograph your day on the water. The experience and memories shall be everlasting. To "Radar", Wayne, Robin, Ken, and Jim - my sincerest appreciation.

Sincerely,

Eugenio Cebollero


For more information on the Davis Island Yacht Club (DIYC), please visit their website: http://www.diyc.org/

More photographs from this event can be found at my online photo album: http://eugenio.shutterfly.com

3 comments:

wayne said...

Great pics, Eugenio! Thanks for coming out sailing with us. Hope you and Shanti can come Thursday night as well. Nighttime pics would be really cool!

EugenioC said...

So long as we're not imposing and "Radar" allows the extra headcount, we would be more than happy to come along! Wow...twice out on the boat in less than a week!

Mary Ann Mattox said...

I want a turn too! me me me..

Eugene! Please send me the "going away party" info as soon as you can - people are awaiting a date and time :). The Sunds included!