Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Davis Island Marina


Davis Island Marina - Tampa, FL

Today's entry is a tribute to a few people who have really made a difference in my photography. I have mentions in here, in no particular order of importance, people who have along the way given me some really honest feedback, support, advice, and most of all, the encouragement to really keep me going at it. Delusional? Perhaps, but I think my photography is finally going somewhere.


Today was the kind of rare occurrence, much like the happenings of outer space, where I felt like the moons, stars, and planets aligned and all of the pictures came out just right. Or, maybe I finally picked a good day to get out and shoot.


Today was also the day our team photographer, Matt May, finalized his employment and short tenure with the Buccaneers. I don't know what it was about the first time I expressed to him my interest in photography, but I think I came off a bit arrogant. It reminded me a lot of myself when I would meet people that "knew something about computers." I've worked the trenches to get to where I am and so has he. I guess I neglected that a bit when I first held a DSLR and "knew something about photography." He's a real professional and overall great person to have stuck it out with my constant nagging and questioning. I have come a long way since the first time I made the correlation between aperture, shutter speed, and an ISO setting. For that, I thank you Matt.


A few months ago I gave a rather big "thank you" to a guy named David Pritchard. Dave was the photographer that I met at the 2005 Gala Corina local art show. I really only interacted with Dave one time in person, but he made a real impact on how I viewed photography. In one word - humble. Faded away are thoughts of money bags, but instead a life of humble art and photography. Not to be mistaken, he is a true professional and is passionate about breaking into the bigger scene, but humble is something that describes a person willing to slow down and get to know you on a personal level. Dave, we really should hook up and do some Holga shooting.


Influence is a very powerful thing. I am the very sentimental type. When I talk to someone about my photography it's because I have extended myself. Art to me is still a very personal thing and this blog is going a long way to slowly put it out there. My eyes and ears record the looks, words, sincerity, and overall abstract signals of how the people around me interact and offer me their support. I hear you and everything you have told me - or not.



To those of you that have ever offered me an ear and in return spoken a word of encouragement, I humbly thank you. Shanti, my family, MaryAnn/Robb, Wayne Pearce, Stephanie B, J. Johnson, Gar, BW, Lauren, Russ & Family, Troy, Andres, J Dirt, Jay & Judy, the online world of TC, xForce, The Sunds, and a bunch of other people that I have somehow lost their names in my grey matter bit bucket. You people rock. I hope to continue producing enjoyable photography that will keep you coming here.

Thank you for your complaints and compliments.

Eugenio

3 comments:

wayne said...

Always a pleasure, Eugenio

Mary Ann Mattox said...

Aww! THANK YOU!! I copied your "thank you" to Robb and the entire gang [Sunds, wedding party, guests who met and loved you]. I wanted to make sure everyone sees it since not everyone reads your blog. Will you be out of town this weekend? There is a LOT of stuff going on this weekend:

http://www.gasparilla-arts.com/
http://www.bootyartexpo.com/
http://www.weeklyplanet.com/sensoryoverload/

Mary Ann Mattox said...

P.S. I LOOOVE the black frames you've put around all of these pictures!