Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tobacco Town "extras"

Tobacco Town "extras"


Last month I had a great opportunity to photograph some of the historical remnants of the former tobacco industry that was prominent in this area not even 20 years ago. Part of my assignment included locating and photographing abandoned tobacco barn relics and the standing landmarks that are found in the downtown Winston Salem area.

In this post I wanted to share some of the images left on the digital "cutting table." Admittedly, these images were originally submitted for review in full color, but for my purposes, I decided to perform some post production b/w conversions and share them right here on my weekly blog. To see the images that made it into print for the September issue, including some plastic toy camera "Holga" prints, visit the Winston Salem Monthly website and click "Ghosts of Tobacco Town."

- Enjoy







No comments: