Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sea Lions, NC ZOOLOGICAL PARK

Sea Lions, NC ZOOLOGICAL PARK


On Saturday of this nice Labor Day weekend Shanti and I paired up with her sister and sister's fiance, who are both visiting from Hawaii, and headed to the North Carolina Zoological Park in Asheboro. The zoo was a brief 52 minute drive from the Triad. Getting out to visit the park was a nice relaxing way to enjoy cooler weather and one of the many attractions the area has to offer.


We didn't get to the zoo until around 1pm and left at closing time which was early at 5pm. As the sun started to go down in the sky the pictures improved due to the better lighting. The sea lions exhibit was the last on our walk through the park. The cool blue waters and the fat lazy lions made for great photo subjects.


Over the next few days I will probably post a few more images from our zoo exploration.

Also, in case you did not already notice, I have a new banner up at the top of the sit. I took this photo of a frog patiently waiting for a dragonfly to get within tongue's reach. We saw many critters in the ponds surrounding the boardwalks throughout the park. Each month I'll feature a new photo for my blog banner.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my photo weblog. As always, feel free to drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.

- emc

No comments: