Thursday, December 01, 2005

Univ. of Tampa - Photo Hotspot

If you've never visited the Univ. of Tampa campus you're in for a pleasant surprise. On Nov. 12 Shanti and I made our first visit to scope out some possible portraiture settings. The grounds to the west side of the school facing downtown offer terrific "Kodak" moments. So you know, this location is no secret by any means. In the 2 hours we were there we counted somewhere between 5 and 6 wedding parties probably making a photo pit stop while on their way to their receptions. Apparently, many other Tampa native photographers see a great opportunity to photograph brides in an elegant settings. Although I didn't focus too much on the greenery that stretches from the building to the Hillsborough River, I did stop and capture a little bit of the UT essence. The most notable reason for UT's strong presence in the Tampa skyline has to be the uniquely shaped towers. I don't think I could ever photograph them enough.

Ultimately, we looked no further than UT to do the portraits for one of Shanti's clients. She doesn't have them uploaded yet but I will say they were superb. The largest difference between her work and mine is our photo subjects. I feel like I have a knack for making an inanimate object say something whereas Shanti captures a person's inner thoughts on film. She's still working on a web presence so perhaps once she's online I'll post some links for comparison. Until then, take my word for it and hide if you see me approach you with a camera.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

wayne said...

Cool pics!