Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Early Fall 2008 (Part 2)

Early Fall 2008 (Part 2)


I didn't quite make it too far from home on this trip. From what I've heard Grandfather Mountain and the Blue Ridge Parkway are experiencing peak fall colors as of today. It's a real bummer too since I've never been there in the fall. I'm looking forward to the Triad's peak fall colors which are forecasted to show next week. I look foward to a lake hike in Greensboro or perhaps around the corner in Salem Lake where I might be able to capture some water reflected trees.


Today's short hike was at the base of Pilot Mountain. I've been there about a dozen times now since living in North Carolina, but I try and vary each visit as to not wear it out. I had never hiked any of the trails there before so that's where I started today. Very few of the trails offered any decent landscape views. Most of the hike was designed around taking the rock climber to and from rock ledges and walls inside the forest. The area still made for great photo subject matter. I took my time and just enjoyed being outside. The air was still cool despite weather reports of it heating into the upper 80s. I suppose being up high and in the forest where the sun doesn't reach helps things out a bit.



Overall I was fairly satisfied with some of my shots. Fall isn't quite here yet, but there was enough color hinting at the extremities of tree branches and treetops to suffice. The "knob" that is Mt. Pilot isn't quite fully dressed in fall colors yet either. I may not return again until the spring so I'm thankful to have gotten a few new shots with my newest camera and lens combo.


Enjoy the photos. Get outside. Relax. 'Til next time.

1 comment:

Super B said...

I wish I could be there to experience the fall colors! Of course, your pictures make me want to be there even more!