Monday, June 23, 2008

Golden Gate Bridge - Black/White

Golden Gate Bridge - Black/White


A short visit to San Francisco this weekend included a brief daytime ride over the Golden Gate Bridge on our way to dinner at Fisherman's Wharf. I would never miss the opportunity to photograph such a well known landmark and extended myself with yet another inferior camera. Without the luxury of time I was unable to stop, compose, steady, or shoot properly. Instead, I settled for aiming out the window of a wildy racing van with my point and shoot and firing off as many frames as this vintage 2MP Nikon could handle. In the back of my mind I muttered off expletives regarding the camera shake shooting through the filthy window. In the end, heavy cropping and color absent images reveal the architecture that so many tourists and locals seek. The photos produced again reinforce my belief in disposing the cliches that insist only the finest cameras create the finest photographs. Although your definition may vary from my best effort presented here, I clearly define these images by the brief moment I had to enjoy this first visit to San Francisco - priceless. Of course, don't come asking me for poster sized prints. The best I might offer is a postcard.



Come back often. I have a folder of images to present. If not here, then someplace on the web.

- Eugenio

No comments: