Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kernersville "Moto" Moments


My Motorola i870 camera phone has been a great companion while I attempt to discover and figure out what size this town is. From some of this pictures in this post, you'll quickly see that there is a lot of "small town" still lingering. I took the above picture of the "Kernersville Transmission Shop" while driving through the heart of "Downtown Kernersville." Just across the street is "Bill & Leah's" greasy spoon restaurant.


I have not really released any photos of the house we are having built just yet because I figure I'll save a thread just for the progression photos. In the meantime, enjoy this little camera phone snag. The sky was great and the plywood roof set it off nicely.




A Dodge Viper in "Smalltown USA?" Yes sir. I was at the local Best Buy pricing out a replacement computer when I saw this ride parked out front. I think I was more amazed to see such an exotic car in this part of town. All it needed was some black lettering on the side that reads "BEST BUY."



Just down the street from where we are staying there is a small abandoned house. Could this be a house or a woodshed of some sort? I don't know. It's got vines growing all over it. I definitely need to hit this spot with a Holga.




Not too long ago I had to drive about 1.5 hours out of town to take photos of a farmer and some of his organic crops. Along the way I saw this ranch style house out in the middle of a field. They might have a neighbor or two, but I can't imagine this place ever getting too busy.




Lastly, above is a water tower I pass everyday on the way to work. I think there is an attached warehouse with loading docks, but I have no idea what kind of business is run here. On the backside of the warehouse are some railroad tracks. I think I'd like to revisit this site and cover it in detail.

All photos taken with the Motorola i870 phone. Histogram, curves, and b/w conversion are done post production. I hope you enjoyed. - EC

No comments: