Sunday, February 01, 2009

NC DOT Museum of Transportation

NC DOT Museum of Transportation

This past Saturday I met with an enthusiastic bunch of shutterbugs from the "Triad Photography Group" via Meetup.com and enjoyed watching every eager eye work diligently to make a unique capture of the many locomotives and transportation relics crammed into the North Carolina DOT's Museum of Transportation located in Spencer, NC. The displays were enormous, plenty, and enough to give me a mild headache. I was a bit overwhelmed knowing my time was limited. I spent most of the morning walking about and snapping a frame here and there. Of most interest was my Yashica MAT 124G TLR. I completed a black and white roll of film and look forward to the results when the prints arrive back from the lab in about 10 days.

Prior to the group invite I was not aware of this museum. If you have children, need to burn a few hours touring a museum, want to ride a train, or are just looking for something unique, this museum is sure to impress. Enjoy some of the photos I put together.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eugenio,
I followed the link at the Meetup website to your blog. Your photos turned out as beautiful as I had suspected them to! I can't wait to see the b/w's when you get them back from the lab.
Thanks for all the wealth of insight you offered over lunch!
Catch you at the next meetup.
-Casandra