Sunday, November 23, 2008

Breakfast..My Favorite Meal

Breakfast..My Favorite Meal




This is a typical breakfast for me on my days off. It's probably the one meal I most look forward to and also exert the most effort into. On this Saturday morning I was waken up by a phone call. It was my brother reminding me of an 8AM gym commitment. So yes - we got up and got through a nice workout, but as soon as I got home I knew I would be hungry so I wasted little time. I got the espresso pot on the stove to get my Cafe Bustelo going while I hit the shower. Immediately after I was ready to play chef. The morning's menu consisted of a fresh spinach, mushroom, mozarella, and sausage omelette with a side of diced potatoes, red/green peppers, and onions. It's quite possibly my favorite meal. Sometimes I'll vary the selection to include fried eggs and a couple of bacon strips, but being gym focused and health conscious I try and keep it healthy. Follow up that meal with 2 pints of Simply Orange and you have yourself one happy day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMO! I'll be there end of December so maybe you can whip this breakfast up for me, Dave and Owen. See you in a few days.