Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spring MTB - Greensboro, NC

Spring MTB - Greensboro, NC


I started my annual mountain biking outings this year with the goal of capturing a few images from the trail. This year has started out fairly slow since getting back in shape is the main priority. I spent all of last spring, summer, and early fall finding all sorts of moutain biking trails in the Triad, but never once carried a camera. This year shall be different and I look forward to sharing photos from my adventures biking North Carolina.




This area is somewhat of a mecca for trail riders. In all, there are about 12 different trails to choose from varying from an easy afternoon ride to a full Saturday workout. I had today off and chose to give myself the torture treatment. I rode for about 3 1/2 grueling hours and covered about 17 miles of rough terrain. Along the way I stopped at a few creek crossings to peer at the aquatic life and to catch a breath here and there. Last year I did not ever get a chance to spot any deer, but this year they seem to have been more abundant. As pictured below, I was upset to come upon a fawn dead not even but a few weeks old or less.




I have also determined it's time to upgrade the old Coolpix 2200 point and shoot to something a little more robust and with more manual control. I had a difficult time getting non-blurry shots in low light areas. The use of the built in flash makes for poorly lit photos. Perhaps a pocket tripod will do the trick.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed some of my newest photos. Hopefully I will have some more as the weeks pass.

All the best,

Eugenio

No comments: