Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Black Widow for Halloween

Black Widow for Halloween

Today, October 31st, coincides with my first ever spotting of a black widow spider. While pacing along the courtyard in the back of our office today, I noticed this familiar spider resting in a web spun inbetween electrical conduits. Fortunately, my manager was toting her "Easy Share" point and shoot camera which I quickly put to work. Today's calendar date marks the 2 weeks remaining before the closing of our office and the loss of my employer. I consider the fortuity of today's events symbolic. Much like the painful bite of this sinister arachnid, counting the days until I enter the vast unknown and diminishing wherewithal to sustain a normal quality of life shall prove to be equally as harrowing.



I look forward to this evening's spook festivities, where for the first time since I was a kid, I will display some evil jack-o-lanterns carved from pulpy pumpkins. Our yard will feature some creepy delights and my parading in a freakishly delightful skeleton costume. I am relieved. For once, I can release my inner fears on others on this great night of "All Hallows' Day Eve." Trick or Treat. See you soon.

No comments: