Sunday, November 27, 2005

Fiery Hands


Woohoo! My first addition with real content. I'm thrilled to have finally started a weblog where I can share pictures and some of the thoughts behind them. Along the way I'm sure I'll offer some personal background and history, but for now lets pick up with what's new and current.

I never look at the clouds too much. The shapes they form change so often. Recently, my imagination seems to have been stifled a bit so I don't have much interest in figuring out if the cumulus creation is a dog, cat, or an old man. Today I spotted a cloud that brought back an interesting memory of my 3 years in Alaska. Oddly, the shape was too familiary. It reminded me of something I sketched sometime ago.

I used to dedicate a lot of time to charcoal drawings. For some reason - time maybe - I lost a lot of interest in whisking hours away aimlessly scraping charcoal on paper. I was glad to see this fiery cloud. With my newfound burning interest in photography, I think maybe this manifestation was a sign. Did I really abandon my art? Or did I just find a new way to express what's inside?

Photo Details: f/10, 1/30, ISO 250
Drawing: Spring '98, 8.5" x 11" charcoal pencil on sketch paper

2 comments:

wayne said...

Hey Eugenio! Welcome to the blogworld! I've already added you to my blogroll and I will check in regurlarly.

Mary Ann Mattox said...

Finally - I was waiting for your blog! I shall add you to my blogroll as well. P.S. Saw Crash - loved it!